i have a problem...

it comes in a styrofoam cup with a straw.

SWEET TEA!

now, let's just clarify a few things.

* i love Jesus more than i love sweet tea (i think)
*i do often make my own sweet tea at home for free
*i can go one day without it. (but usually not more than one)

all that being said, i truly feel like my "problem" could be called an addiction. I've never struggled with addiction as a sin issue, i don't really have an addictive personality (which i think people that really struggle with it do).

now, i really enjoy sleep (like look forward to it and will use any excuse i can to nap on the weekends), i don't know what i'd do without my cell phone in my hand at all times, and i really prefer noise (tv, or music etc) at all times. however, i still don't think i would call any of those things an addiction. a preference maybe, but not so much an addiction.

i can honestly sit before this computer and tell you that i have SERIOUSLY considered moving to the south just for the sake of being able to order sweet tea at any given restaurant at any given time. for those of you that don't understand the value of "good" sweet tea, it's not iced tea that you add sugar too it's a process of making it a certain way. the sugar is added to the tea while it's still hot and then chilled to perfection. my fabulous southern friend kristen wrote about it here.
http://www.wearethatfamily.com/2008/05/it-has-come-to-my-attention-from-some.html
she understands me like no one else. she even has a t-shirt that reads "got sweet tea?" and i think she wears it daily. i need one of those shirts.

why couldn't i be addicted to exercise, or vegetables, or reading my bible, or cleaning my house, or weeding. nope, i chose something that is packing on the lbs faster than i can let out my pants.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

to each his own.

Tales From the Gym