why i blog.



I found this survey on another blog. I loved it, so I stole it. I think it answers some of those questions that otherwise would never get covered.

1. How long have you been blogging? Since fall of 2008 so coming up on a year!

2. Why did you start blogging? my friend monica had told me i should and she finally started one so i thought i'd give it a try. funny thing is she's had a total of three blog posts in almost a year.

3. What have you found to be the benefits of blogging? i think for me it's like a journal and a way to document our lives and to share photos that people want to see from different events. i read more blogs than i do anything and i LOVE the fellowship, prayer requests, advice, photography tips etc that others offer. it's a great community.

4. How many times a week do you post an entry? depends on the week. i shoot for once a week, but sometimes even that doesn't happen.

5. How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis? i probably follow 50 blogs. some of these gals are great friends and we've never met!

6. Do you comment on other people’s blogs? yes, not all the time, but on the ones i read regularly i do. i usually have something to add to a conversation! :)

7. Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? no, i'm fairly confident that nobody reads my blog 'cept maybe my mom.

8. Do you ever regret a post that you wrote? no, i often write a post and save it, think about it, edit it and then post it. unless it's about a trip or something easy.

9. Do you think your audience has a true sense of who you are based on your blog? again, it's probably only my mom reading it and she knows who i am anyway. :)

10. Do you blog under your real name? yes, there are things in our lives that i wouldn't talk about it that could be a security issue, but you can find my name in the phone book so i don't see the point in not blogging with real names. again, who reads it anyway.

11. Are there topics that you would never blog about? yes, due to job stuff etc there are things i wouldn't blog about. i don't really care to discuss politics but if my hubs gets ahold of the blog, i can't assure you that he won't talk about them.

12. What is the theme/topic of your blog? currently it's just about us and our little family. i would hope one day it would document pregnancy, kids lives, ask advice as a prego woman or new mom. i've found many moms take great comfort in blogging their mommy woes.

13. Do you have more than one blog? If so, why? no, i can't even keep up with this one!

Comments

Joanie said…
Hi Melissa! I just wanted you to know that I found your blog a while back. Not sure how...probably facebook? And, I've been reading it periodically. I love hearing about your happenings (big or small). I especially loved the recent Dodger pics, as I am a dodger fan by marriage, too! :) So, I just thought it was about time I leave you a note. You're mom is not your only reader. :)

Popular posts from this blog

to each his own.

My Love