Baby Shower part 1 (photo overload)

So to preface all these photos, blogger has been fighting with me all week and I just now was able to get photos to load. They, however, didn't load in order. I am too tired to fight with it, so bare with me.

We had four baby showers in total. We just had different groups of people and sides of the family and I get super overwhelmed at showers anyway trying to visit with everyone and being the center of attention is always a bit awkward, not to mention that we were blessed with four people/groups that offered to host showers and I felt much better doing four "smaller" ones than one or two huge ones. I will do a post for each shower since they deserve their own posts. I have tons of pictures from some and not so many from others (if I was in charge of taking them I didn't get a ton cause I was busy enjoying myself)

This first shower was thrown by my best friend (Jill) and her mom (Lynn). She and I met in pre-school when we were 3 years old and we both turned the big 3-0 this last month, so we've been friends for quite some time! Our Mom's are also great friends after all these years and between Lynn & Jill they know how to throw one DARLING party!

This diaper cake was seriously the cutest thing! It was covered in sports stuff and had that little book on top. There were sunglasses, pacifiers, rattles, toys, outfits, stuffed animals... the works!
For dessert and part of the decor were Red Velvet cupcakes!
Some of the cupcakes had the cute Fresno State pendants on them that Jill made, and some had a White Chocolate 'V' on top that she colored red to match the decor.
The front of the diaper cake. Sorry they are out of order.

The food was amazing. This pasta salad that Jill is putting together had asparagus, pine nuts, mushrooms, onions, Parmesan cheese and probably a few other yummy things I'm forgetting. We also had a Spinach salad with strawberries and walnuts, a big fruit salad & croissants. There was tea and juice & Mimosa's to drink, it was the perfect little luncheon.
Me with my BFF, Brittany. :) Can you believe she has 3 kids? She is my go-to girl for all things Mommy related! We have been friends since Jr High & I was actually in the room when she delivered her last little girl via C-section. Talk about close! That's about as good of friends as you can be!
Kerri & Alyssa. I grew up with Kerri around the corner & Alyssa and my sister grew up together. Kerri was the #1 guest since she had surgery the day before and still came to the shower!
My Grandma, my great-aunt & my mom.
The hostess'! Lynn & Jill.
My grandma & I
The girls! Jill, Brittany & Myself.
I didn't post pictures of all the gifts, cause that would bore you all to death, but there were a few things I had to share. This bib is a favorite for obvious reasons!
Debbie, who is like a second Mom to me, got our diaper bag we registered for and then had it embroidered with "Baby Valentine". It's darling and all packed for the hospital!
Another photo totally out of order... Alyssa, Kerri & their Mom Linda.
Those three just above got us a whole slew of cute Fresno State gear for baby. This onesie was one of my favorites and if he fits into it, he will come home from the hospital in it. They also got us a cute FSU pacifier, Fresno State wipes case and...
This cute frame that says "Family" across the top. They also got hubs and I matching Fresno State shirts along with another outfit for baby to wear when he's a bit bigger and this frame can house all our photos in our matching FSU gear. I am so excited and can't wait to take them!
My Grandma got baby his piggy bank! I've already started adding some change in there!
This was such a cute gift idea. They sell these little inflatable baby bath's at Target and she blew it up and filled it with all kinds of cute baby stuff. Shampoo, baby wash, spoons, socks, etc. Such a cute idea!

We are so thankful for all the goodies that our boy was blessed with as well as all the people that took time out of their busy Saturday's to come celebrate our little man with us. Lynn and Jill put so much time and effort into the shower and it was perfect.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

to each his own.

Tales From the Gym